To be human: To be Innocent

/
0 Comments

To Be Human: To Be Innocent


Soft-landing on my cradle, feeling the coolness of life in my comfort Zone

Thinking to myself “This is my apartment

The shelter I got for myself"

Not minding those who lives in the streets

Without shelter or nice bed to sleep on”

Gazing on my ceiling, thinking aloud about life

“I have forgotten what it feels like to be human”


Having my desire haven, nice cars to drive around

No need hopping from one bus to another

Unlike my neighbor who does that every time

I wonder why they can't afford a car

Now I'm been sarcastic

Food is not a problem;

My barns are full of that

All I need, I have.

All I want, I get.

Forgetting those who has nothing to eat

Nor something to spend


Life seems easy on this other end

But,

I've forgotten what it feels like to be human”

Cruising in my full loaded air-conditioner car

Windows’ screens fully wind-up

Seeing the beggars begging for bread and arms

Looking at them as worthless creatures

Not minding the hawkers and vendors advertising their products

“Government needs to do something about them” I think to myself

Blaring with my horn on the traffic-controller

“Wondering why he can move out of the way

I feel no compassion for humans like me

But, who told them not hustle?

Now I’m playing God!

I've forgotten what it feels like to be human


Another day, another time

Suit-up in my nice jacket and trouser

Feeling great in ma' new shoe

A day to worship and show off my styles

Feeling like shouting on my lung

Dancing like I don’t care

Do I really?

Playing in my religion’s cage

Thank God I’m saved and they are not

Thank God I’m healthy, some are in hospital

Thank God for great clothing, some has none


Looking at the next guy to my side,

Thinking to myself “I’m better off”

My religious camouflage has covered my eyes from seeing

For “I've forgotten what it feels like to be human” 


What does it feels like to be human?

To realize my own frailty

To remember that I’m not God

To know that I have no authority to judge any man

To understand that we are all broken people

To see that, I really have no right

To give up my expectations

To show the love I've been shown by God

To lay aside my religious mindset

To know that religions divide us but does not define us

To know that we are all created in God’s image.

To know that eyes is for seeing not for defining values


(Add your lines to these if you agree)


You may also like

No comments: