God Is Punishing Y'all

/
0 Comments
Disclaimer: Read at your own risk.... 
Categories:  Mischief, Wrath, Unedited and Un-chronological
Effect: Angers or Repentance(..search for the Truth)


Today wasn't really that great based on two philosophical ways of thinking. But there is a logical conclusion that one can draw from the events of the day as they unfold before one's very eyes. This conclusion is the major reason of this write up or ramblings

I woke up as usual and set for the day. Today being Monday is always fill with prognostications that every jack and Jill wanna make the best out of.

Getting to the bus-stop, where I await the commuter-bus…..

Oh! I forget to tell you that my car refused to work because I'm yet to make the full payment to the dealer. Better to say that "I have none for now".

Back to the bus-stop.

There was a whole bunch of people waiting to catch a bus, one must have thought there is an impending chaos that is coming in the next few hours considering the mob of people at the bus-stop.

Monday is always busy day in Lagos, the atmosphere is always electrify with "busyness". It is either you are busy doing something or something is busy doing. There is no doubt about that.

So, there I was at the bus-stop, counting the number of vehicles passing in front of me, seeing how people were pushing themselves in order to board a bus.

Mehn, it was mad.

I couldn't help but wondered at how some people could be so heartless and ruthless in the name of getting first into a commercial bus at the expense of squashing someone's head against the bus.

Well, this is Lagos where shit happens. They are all used to that but, I’m not.

After waiting for about 2hrs at the bus-stop without finding a bus that has a small space for me, considering my stature (yea, I know….I’m very slim), my legs were aching.

It wasn't funny but like the saying goes "A patience dog eats the fattest bones".

My patience was tried and I didn't blame it on someone for causing me to stay at the bus-stop for 2hrs. And I finally got a bus that took me to the office.

The events above set one thing in motion for me and it caused me to ask various questions....

Imagine I got to the office and I told someone about what I did that was not right that morning before getting to the bus-stop, maybe it was a sin I committed. I then narrated my experience at the bus-stop to the person.
It’s not far-fetch for the person to say "God was punishing you for what you did". Well, he or she may not voice it out like that but underneath the tone, that may be the response.

I guess that statement sound spiritual, isn't it?

Have you heard that from someone before? I bet you have in a thousand time heard it.
In fact, we preach it in our building every Sunday to one another. As if that isn't enough we publicize it to the world.

A brother once said to me that:

God is punishing the people that are facing Tsunamis in their countries”.
 I've also heard some Christians saying that “Christians don't die by accident or suffer from sicknesses. In fact, it is a total farcicality for someone as a believer to be caught up in a bad situations or suffer loss

Their logical conclusion has always been;
"God is punishing you for your sins"

Or

For what your parent did

Some Christians are very much accustomed to this particular idea. It has become what they feed themselves with on daily basis.

Some have even gone far to label it "Prophecy"

Allow me to bend your head a little and try knock off such belief-systems…well if I can.

The God I serve does not, do not and will not punish anyone with Evils! Though HE created good and evil.

Yea, it’s normal for that alarm to go on in your head...
 And those "but, but, but..." are also welcome.

Fasten your seat-belt.

The planet earth sucks!
Everything in it is Evil! (Wow!! that’s an extreme statement but that’s the truth)
Your ways..
My ways...
And our ways are Evil because, we live in an Evil world we’ve created for ourselves, where all manners of evil things are thrown at us.

Or

 Who should they be thrown at? Please answer…

Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.
The earth responds to our inventions... You remember climate change/global warming? The bad side of the weather? Yea, we caused it with our inventions. All those gasses that are emitting on daily basis out of our vehicles, factories and killing Ozone layers.

Yea that isn’t God destroying Ozone layers.

Oh! Don’t let me go far, you see what we are even doing here in Lagos, we are filling up the water bodies, doing our best to build castles on them, and should we have flood in the nearest future, y’all know what it will come to.

“God is punishing y’all”

What of the diseases we are witnessing today? Yea! 70 percent if not 90 percent of it are from our inventions because we want things to work according to our plans and ways. The the end result of it is, those things back-fired and we don't blame our foolishness rather we point fingers at God as the source or cause of our problems.

Check out this lists:
  1. Hybrid of Chickens
  2. Hybrid of Vegetables
  3. Hybrid of Plants
  4. Hybrid of Everything…..!!!

Check your menus list, they are there…..

I’m not here to advocate on what you ought to eat and what you ought not, I’m just trying to convey a massage that will be so clear to you, reader.

There is one particular Law that's at work.
It's Cause and Effect. What you sow is what you reap.
This has nothing to do with God rather it has everything to do with what we are involved in. It has everything to do with our ways, our plans and agenda because all that leads to death!

In general term, when I say what you sow is what you (plurals) reap. This means that, all the bad inventions do not only affect those who created them but it affects all of us.

Let me include this also, this has nothing to do whether you are in Adam or in Christ. Don’t worry I will explain this better as we move on this.

Here is another lists….

  • Christians suffer
  • Christians die by accident, die by earth-quake, and suffer Tsunamis.
  • Christians experience bad things (Miscarriages)
  • Christians lack good things such as Car, house, children.
  • Christians are often caught in the midst of gunfire
  • Christians commit blunders which many times may not be seen or heard among unbelievers
  • Cancer, Ulcer, bad health and whatever diseases you can think of, Christians experience these things.
  • Christians suffer emotional problems
  • Some even commit suicide

BUT!
Not because they’ve committed any sin.

BUT!
Because the planet Earth is messing with everyone and it does not recognized whether you are a Christian or not, whether you are black or white. All those are irrelevant!

Let me add this, A Christian may also experience one of the listed above even after he/she has committed one sin or other BUT this is not “God is punishing you”.

Yea, it is NOT!

Hold the stone, don’t throw it yet…. I know you have questions and many of them you wanna attach them to;

“What their parents did or did not do”,
“Foundational problems”,
“Demonic attacked and host of them?”

It is rather unfortunately that, we love to blame something somewhere for all our misfortunes. We like to attach every little tiny things in our lives to something/someone in order to find faults not with ourselves but with someone/something outside of us.

Or

You might just wanna say and boast that “I've dealt with those things and that’s why I’m not experiencing what you mentioned” but, you take a look at that list. Are you sure you didn’t pass through any of that? Are you sure you are not experiencing one or two of what’s listed above?

Answer that....

I once believed in the message of “name it and claim it” “turning God to your servant in other to get your desired results, and if your "name it and claim" isn’t working for you then you don’t have faith, you are not that spiritual”..you are carnal.

Have you heard that also before? When someone is trusting God for healing and the healing is not forthcoming, we tend to blame the lack of faith in that person. The same goes for a couple waiting to have a child for many years, a young brother seeking for an employment, a sister seeking for a husband and so on.

Since we are not getting what we thought we deserved and we’re getting something entirely different, we quickly conclude that God is punishing us…

I know you have a lot of “the bible says stuffs”. The truth of the matter is that bible itself support many-things you want it to support, but merely supporting something does not mean it approves it. Truth be told, many a times we read the bible to support our abnormality.

That’s the truth...

A young man went to the bar after he has been emotionally traumatized. He got drunk and then drove away, whereas the law says “don’t drink and drive”. In the advent of celebrating what he called freedom (which is slavery to be precise), he killed some people that were at the bus-stop awaiting buses and in the process he died also.

Now, who caused it?

You should answer that…

Oh... this is becoming a long read….need to break it up here….. To be continue….



You may also like

No comments: